Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy New Year....Welcome Max!!

Please read below all the pictures...I am having user issues tonight and cannot seem to cut and paste what I typed before adding the pictures!!


This was take tonight of Max......1/15...11 days after coming home!

Playing in the back yard with Hailey




Sleeping in the office while I am working!

Sleeping upside down while I was working...again!!



First day home.....sniffing Hailey


first day home....playing with a toy


Checking out Hailey...first day home



We have had a pretty exciting New Year! The week between Christmas and New Year's Glenne and I were discussing getting a puppy for Hailey. I still think I was not in my right state of mind when I agreed that a puppy was a good idea. After extensive research, looking online and looking at the various shelters and pounds we did find a puppy. Glenne almost came home with a 1 1/2 yr old chichuaua from the aspca(the line to get him was so long and he was there with Hailey and the dog by himself-I was working) but someone made sure we came home with a different puppy.
In all the searching we were doing Glenne found an ad for someone selling Puggle puppies. I know you are asking...."What is a Puggle, Jeanine?" A puggle is a Pug/Beagle mix ( a hybrid mix-pure bread pug and pure bread beagle). He will get at the most 30ish lbs....full grown he will look like a miniture Boxer , if there was such a thing.

On Sunday Jan 4, 2009 we brought home our newest member....Maximillian Pugglesworth, aka Max. Hailey is very much LOVING having her own puppy. She is running from him when he is awake and trying to play...when he is sleeping/resting she is up in his face saying "lick, lick" and saying "awww puppy" trying to hug him. Luckily he is a puppy and does not know any better. We really wanted to rescue a puppy but once we saw the add for Max I think we were both in love. We kept looking but we wound up getting Max....and we are very happy that he is part of our family.

House/potty training is going better then we thought....we still have accidents, but a lot of times it seems like that is when we dont leave him out in the yard long enough to do his potty business. He is pretty much sleeping/quiet thur the night too.


I hear the first year with a puppy is the hardest ..but totally worth it.....kinda like a baby...Hahaha!!!

Enjoy the pictures! There will be more!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Spring, TX, United States
We are a family of three who are still Philadelphians at heart. Hailey is the first to be born in Texas from our family. We love Texas but still count Philly as home too....so we have 2 homes in our hearts. We will always support our first home town teams....Philly teams!!