Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our weekend in Galveston for my birthday

For my birthday we went to Galveston for the weekend. We stayed in 2 differnt hotels and Hailey just loved it. She thought it was her new home. She loved that they both had a pool. The first hotel was right by the ferry so we went to a beach on Galveston that we had never been to called East beach. The sign says its the only beach you can drink on in Galveston but that is not why we went there. We went cause the reviews I read were about how big and how much beach there is. The rest of Galveston's beaches along seawall blvd do not have half as much beach. It was a overcast windy day. I really got into building a sand castle and Glenne did his favorite thing...looking for shells and going in the water. Hailey goes back and forth between what we are both doing. We all got a bit of sun and did not realize we were getting it as bad as we did. We did not hurt....but it was not our normal. After the beach we packed up and checked into the hotel...Hailey and I got showered and then we all napped.

Here is a picture of the beach (can't really see the beach...just water) from Seawall blvd in Galveston. Its the main road that runs along the beach in Galveston (for those non Houstonians).
After our naps we went to dinner for my birthday. The pictures are a little out of order. We went to 2 different resturants before we found one that would sing "happy birthday". For those of you that know me....I HATE to be sung to at a resturant for my birthday. My MOM still tells everyone how I did not speak to her all day long after she had them sing to me for my 16th birthday at the Chart house brunch. The only person I spoke to was my Dad since he told them not to do it and everyone else was in on it. We went to "Fisherman's warf". Hailey loved the seafood. We had an seafood appetizer with calamari, crawfish, shrimp and rice and she just ate it up.

This was the view from our table of the Tall ship Elisa...you can tour it. The resturant was next door.

Hailey's serious look....I was trying to get the reflection of her in the window.

Glenne holding Hailey looking for dolphins while on the ferry. We walked onto the ferry sat morning and went to a small beach area right off the ferry. When the next ferry came we got back on.

Walking down seawall blvd to go get pizza. this is a bigger part of beach on seawall that we noticed. It was very windy so that is why Hailey is holding her face/glasses.
At dinner on my birthday

Sitting at the bar waiting for our table........Glenne had to get a pic of us at the bar

A cool waterfall set up outside a Bass pro shop we stopped at .....meeting someone for some Thomas train stuff

sorry these pics were from my cell so they are not the best.

The 2nd place we stayed at was right on Seawall blvd. They had a pool that had what seemed like a really short 3ft. Hailey was 36in exactly a few weeks ago when she went to the dr's. In this pool she was able to tipetoe and keep her chin above water. She was so proud of herself. After figuring that out there was not going to the beach for her. It was all pool cause she knew she could touch the bottom. She is getting really confident with the arm swimmies and floating herself in the pool. My baby is growing up too fast! She did ask at the 2nd hotel again is it was her new home. She is such a funny kid. I have 2 30sec video's that I will upload too.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Spring, TX, United States
We are a family of three who are still Philadelphians at heart. Hailey is the first to be born in Texas from our family. We love Texas but still count Philly as home too....so we have 2 homes in our hearts. We will always support our first home town teams....Philly teams!!