Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SIDELINE PASSES BEFORE THE MONDAY NIGHT TEXANS PRESEASON GAME

Glenne had already planned on going to the Texans preseason monday night game with our friend Chris. I normally work thur and off fri but last week was the open house for Hailey's new class so I swapped days off. Apparently I won tickets for the game, and also got put into a drawing to win sideline passes before the game. I did not believe I even won the tickets let alone the passes. I NEVER won anything this good at work!!!! I send Glenne a text and he does not respond. He gets home and I said, why did you not answer my text. I tell him what I won as he is checking his phone and he says...."so we are going to pick the tickets up now?" I had already told my supervisor I was driving to get the tickets when I was done working. ****this post has lots of pics since I think I will never get this opportunity again****


The field pass tickets that got us in!!!!
the field
The texans.....
Percy Harvin....Vikings.....I saw him warming up, adjusting his ipod then start running. After he started running he lost his ipod and was rather annoyed that it did not stay on the waistband of his shorts.
Simeon Rice of the Vikings......
The stands and the wall around the stands.....
The "BULL"tunnel the Texans run through
The stands......
Me.......ON THE SIDELINES!!!!! How can you NOT get pumped for football season with this wonderful gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * i know i do not look happy..but i really was*
Texan's kicker Kris Brown
more of the field...way down is the texans warming up......so cool to be so close to it all.

END ZONE
More of the field
more of the seats that the fans sit in....................(not quite as packed as philly)
goal line.......
Local abc sports guy Bob Allen. I actually bumped into another local sports guy from nbc as I was walking along the sidelines watching all the players.
Crazy Texans fans................Matt Schaub...Houston Texans starting QB
Schaub in action......Lets hope we see some good action from him this season!
Houston Texans owner Bob McNair.....sorry for the partial picture..he is talking to ESPN sideline reporter Michelle Tafoya. I knew this and my husband....or his friends...did not.

More of Bob McNair

Michelle Tafoya from ESPN....
The Man....cough cough....I am retiring..I am not retiring....BRETT FAVRE
standing on the field!!!!

Texans wide reciever Andre Johnson!
Texans #1 draft pick in 2006....Defenisve end.....MARIO WILLIAMS!!
the Texans........# 12 is Jacoby Jones our return guy

Another of Mario Williams. Now Glenne just informed me that Mario is big as far as height goes but as of weight he is not big for a defensive guy like Albert Haynesworth(used to play for the Titans and tried stomping on an Eagles head..now plays for I think the Redskins)
Sorry we got a few of Mario....we happened to stop and I noticed that he was just standing there and I quickly told Glenne. We would have had more but the kicker Kris Brown kept getting in the way.
the team...this was when we were getting kicked off the field and told to go to our seats.
Me...in our seats....in the very last row ................can you say NOSE BLEEDS!!!
The Bull tunnel...before they team comes out ( I think).
The view from our seats..................
The sun setting during the monday night football game
We were so so so so lucky to get sideline passes. The free tickets at the very last row. Comcast had 2 sections and we actually had the section that WAS NOT on the curve of the field. Chris and Bryan went to the game too. They were also in a 600 section but were maybe 15 seats in from the first row as opposed to the last row. We found them by the 2nd half and finished the game with them. Reliant Stadium really does not have a bad seat....although way in the last seat is way up...but considering the way stadiums used to be..its good.
I am sorry there is nothing at all about Hailey in this post...but we did talk about her and Glenne said he cannot wait to take her to a game. She went with Meme monday morning and we did not see her till tue night. We were very happy to see her, but at the same time had to be serious so she knew that it was a school night and we had to keep on schedule.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm..... this looks an awful lot like you're switching teams here. Hmmmmm this doesn't look good at all!!!! ALERT THE MEDIA! Jeanine and Glenne are becoming (shhhhhhh) Texans.

GnJand Hailey said...

Who is this responding???? We still root for the EAGLES first!!!

About Me

My photo
Spring, TX, United States
We are a family of three who are still Philadelphians at heart. Hailey is the first to be born in Texas from our family. We love Texas but still count Philly as home too....so we have 2 homes in our hearts. We will always support our first home town teams....Philly teams!!