Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Its been a while...................

I do not know what we have been doing but life just seems to have gotten busy. Working normal hours and the other normal stuff going on. Hailey is doing good. She is going almost every day with being dry all day and telling whoever she is with that day that she has to go potty. The weather here has been a bit crazy and we have had cool weather and then all this week we have had 90 some deg temps with the humidity feeling like its close to 100 or higher. My allergies have been bad, Hailey's allergies have been bad. I am hoping that "cool" front that is coming in this weekend stays put till spring time.

The fall shows have started and that means a lot of our favorite shows are back again. We are reality tv junkies so we are watching Survivor and Amazing Race. We watched Big Brother and we were so glad that Jordan won!!! We are also watching The Biggest Loser. We also have our favorite shows...Csi and Csi NY, Criminal Minds, Medium, Numbers. We are watching some new shows but are not sure if we will continue with them yet...Mercy, Three Rivers, Flashforward.

Of course we are watching Football!! We watch the Texans..living in Houston and them being our other favorite team....and when we can we do our best to catch the Eagles. The Texans are not doing as good as we would like them to be doing, and apparently this week a few of the players on the Texans have come down with the swine flu. As far as our Fantasy leagues.....I am 3-1-0 in our one league(with our friends) and 1-3-0 in our other league(nfl.com league). Glenne is 0-4-0 in his work league, 1-3-0 in our nfl league, and 2-2-0 in our league with our friends. I am still hopefull for a good season for our teams....regular and fantasy teams!

Any opinions on the swine flu vaccine???? I know Hailey is eligible because of her age but I am a little apprehensive about her getting it on the first round. Texas got almost 100,000 less of the swine flu vaccine then they were expected to get and its just the nasal vaccine that we are getting right now. Hailey did get the regulaar flu shot, We had the option of the Nasal version or the needle. I opted for the needle since Hailey freaks out when we try to use the saline solution when she has a stuffy nose. She did so well with the shot, she did not even cry when she got the shot. I was very proud of her!!!

I have been very proud of her a lot lately. She has been doing so well with the potty. She has even gone Poopy on the potty. WE make a very big deal when she does that one!! I think we did good with not pushing her to potty train and letting her get it on her own. She has been doing very well in school. She looks forward to going to school and when we walk in and she just starts playing. I love that I have to track her down to say goodbye and give her a hug and a kiss. She seems to eat her lunch every day. Napping on the other hand...I am not sure. If you ask Hailey she says she naps but you can tell she did not get either any sleep or not enough sleep. The teachers say that she naps most days....but how long of a nap and if its a real nap..who knows. There are 10 kids including her in her class. 3 started later then the rest. 2 of the newest ones are still adjusting and their poor parents have tears and screams every day. I remember those days....and I am SSSOOO glad we do not have that to deal with anymore. She is so proud when she comes home with a project from school. She has to show me right away and it has to go on the fridge.

I have some pics I need to do on a different post from Kenzie's 4th birthday party. It was a fun party. We are planning on having a Pirate birthday party . We want to have it at a room we can rent, and not a party place. We want to do pin the tail on the parrot, a treasure hunt, face painting,cake,etc. We are wanting to go old school and different from what the norm is. It being a little over a month away I really need to find a place......or it might wind up being here with all my furniture or Hailey's big stuff put away so we have room.....SSSIIGGHH.

I think that is it for now...........Off to post some recent pics. I promise I will do my best to keep updating more often.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Spring, TX, United States
We are a family of three who are still Philadelphians at heart. Hailey is the first to be born in Texas from our family. We love Texas but still count Philly as home too....so we have 2 homes in our hearts. We will always support our first home town teams....Philly teams!!