Monday, April 20, 2009

Crawfish festival in Old Town Spring**lots of pics**

On sunday (4/19) we FINALLY saw the sun here in south texas after a few days of torrential rain and thunderstorms. We have an annual Crawfish Festival that is held in Old Town Spring down the road from us. Neither Glenne or I eat the boilded crawfish but its a fun atmosphere and there is live music and shopping and othe food...AND RIDES! We had beautiful weather and Hailey was loving beign outside! Here are some pictures of our day.

Hailey in her ride for the day. The umbrella and sunglasses to block the sun since Mommy forgot sunblock. (she did get a little red but not bad :-( They had face painting too so we asked Hailey if she wanted to get her face painted and she said yes and picked out what she wanted. She was very good and sat so still. The woman doing it said she did great for being so young.

Here she is getting a flower on the one side of her face
And here she is getting a balloon on the other side of her face.
Her and Daddy checking out the finished result.


Back in her ride......
Such a serious face...waiting to go on the Choo choo ride


Finally.....on the ride...she loved going on the rides. Some she was not big enough for.



She really liked the cars and they went pretty fast too



The 3 of us went into the fun house. She loved these funny mirrors!


On the carousel. I have some video of this too. I actually rode on the horse on the carousel too...been a long time since I have done that.

Daddy let her switch horses mid way thru the ride.
Here is the BIG slide that her and Daddy went on. She loved it!!


Looking at a band performing some zydeco music

We were headed to the car and she had to help pull the wagon...then she got tired and had to go onto Daddy's shoulders.
Here are the close ups of her face paintings. (we had to stop at the store so that is why you see the dairy case behind her)



I have some video I need to put up too. ....that will be another post.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

lmcarmitage said...

Aww, love the pic of her looking in the funny mirror, she's precious!

GnJand Hailey said...

thanks!

glenna said...

Oh my gosh, I'm sooo jealous! I LOVE crawfish! I can't believe you guys don't eat them....well, I guess I can--I know lots of people who don't like them. :) Looks like Hailey had a blast though.

About Me

My photo
Spring, TX, United States
We are a family of three who are still Philadelphians at heart. Hailey is the first to be born in Texas from our family. We love Texas but still count Philly as home too....so we have 2 homes in our hearts. We will always support our first home town teams....Philly teams!!